Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break

How can I post with no new pictures?  Here are a "few" words instead.  Nick and I have been abandoned by those dwelling with us and near us...and I can't wait to hear all about their travels and adventures.  Cole and Julia are down in sunny (we hope the rainy forecast is wrong) Orlando.  The first half of the week was filled with primitive camping meaning no hot water and...gasp...no cell phone charging for the majority!  Today they are invading Disney World en masse.   We hope to see their suntanned happy faces on Sunday night.  Julia and Claire made the trek to Charlottesville, VA to hang out with bro and sil and Claire's cousins!  Photo ops galore I hope.  

Here on the home front I have had delightful time with friends and working on house plans.  I am seeing rooms and stairways and windows and ceilings and exteriors, ad infinitum, in my sleep.

We had Kayla over for dinner last night since she was in town for a cleaning job and it was so much fun.   She walked in the house and I immediately put her to work cutting and chopping.  Nick worked his magic on the grill and we added veggies and fruit to the menu.  Yummm.  Nick went to his South Boundary rehearsal and Kayla and I visited for a while.  We had such fun talking and I shared the Minnie Mouse Video with her.  She got a big kick out of it.

Today was gorgeous; sunny and in the 70's.  I opened windows, since rain had settled the pollen a good bit,  and enjoyed my devotions in the sunroom.  Later in the morning, after a good hard workout and shower, I finished Mountains Beyond Mountains out in the glorious sun.  Now that's what I call a spring break!  (By the way, it was an incredible true story of a brilliant physician who is changing the world one life at a time.)

Be encouraged.

John 10: 9-10  Jesus came as the good shepherd to offer his sheep rich pasture and fullness of life. 



May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip us in every good thing to do His will, working in us what is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever.  (Hebrews 13:20-21) 

May God's word be imbedded in our lives that we would know truth and express it in the way we live!  Love you all so very much.  See....just a few words. ; )




2 comments:

Julia Nickell said...

Okay, you have to show me how you got that cool layout. Obviously you have figured it out.

Unknown said...

This is lots of fun!

Love you girl.

Pops