Twenty-two years ago, Dad and I made a long, rough, long, uncomfortable (for me), long yet greatly anticipated trek to Barnwell Birthing Center. Dad was genuinely worried that I was going to have you on the side of the road when I asked him to stop part way out there in the middle of nowhere to answer the call of nature! You weren't calling...quite yet. A mere one hour after our arrival time, you made your grand appearance! You were adorable from the very beginning and have blessed our lives beyond imagining.
Party time! We decorated your birth room with a welcome sign and a friend drove your brothers to join us for a birthday party. Out came the homemade hats, balloons, cake and gifts for all comers! Bowing our heads and holding hands we thanked God for His magnificent handiwork and His grace to add another dear one to our home. We haven't stopped celebrating that beautiful, joyous day.
Dad gave you your first bath right beside my bed while I held your hand. Your brothers took turns holding you. Ryan so tenderly and carefully held you while just beaming in anticipation of another buddy to adventure with! Cole held you close with twinkling eyes and cooed in his little deep, gravelly voice and then proceeded to roll you off his lap when he was through!
I know you've heard these remembrances over and over again, but they are worth repeating and enjoying. We love you and miss you and are eager to have a family celebration when Ryan returns!
Have a wonderful birthday my wonderful Chad. Remember who breathed life into you and gave His life for you. Be entirely His.







1 comment:
this is so very sweet. and i LOVE the pictures. you guys are an awesome family!!!
Post a Comment