Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back from Dinny and Phil's!


I'm so full of poignant memories from my time in Woodstock, VA.  I had a ball with my sisters, my aunt and uncle and my cousins!  Dinny found us a quaint, charming and of course historic bed and breakfast called The Inn at Narrow Passage.  Just a short walk from our rooms, we could stand at the Shenandoah river front where we could see the smooth brown rocks on the river bottom...before the rains came down.  Rain is not scarce there and everything is lush and green.   Jann and I had hoped to tube from the inn down to Dinny and Phil's place...a pleasant four hour float.  But after the arrival of a wild storm we were satisfied to cross the river on a slightly swaying suspension bridge that took us high above the swirling, muddy, angry water.




Dinny and Phil and Greg spoiled us royally.  We thoroughly enjoyed sharing our lives with one another for those 3 1/2 days.  We reminisced, laughed uproariously, cried and loved abundantly.  We shared old memories as well as created beautiful new treasure stores.  Greg was our faithful tour guide and go to man.


Lance came for a visit and shared a meal with us.  I think we may have overwhelmed him with all our hugging!  It was so much fun to see pictures of his family and spend time with him!


Marc and his family joined us for another delicious repast and I finally had the pleasure of meeting his beautiful wife, Wendy, and their delightful and charming children, Samantha (actress phenom) and Connor (soccer phenom).  I enjoyed my time with Marc and his family tremendously.







What a lovely time I had.  I hope we all return to that inviting cabin in the woods one day to share our lives person to person once again.  It was difficult to say our goodbyes but we were planning another reunion before we had even left!

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You care for him?  You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.  You made him ruler over the works of Your hands, and You put everything under his feet.  (Psalm 8:3-6)

I am filled to overflowing with love for each of you my dear family.  

1 comment:

5cent said...

just saw this via your email! relationships, relationships, relationship - so crucial...
did you enjoy any time w/ there little yorkie? the dinners looked scrumptous and I loved the vs